College football season is right around the corner! With the official start August 23, this will be the earliest start since 2003; great news to all the fans students eagerly waiting to cheer on their team. So the question remains: are you ready for some football? Here are 6 signs you can’t wait for football season to start.
1. You’ve had your student section season tickets for months. Every real football fan knows if you have to plan ahead if you don’t want to miss out on student section tickets.
2. You can’t stop singing your school’s fight song. Admit it, they’re catchy. Especially when you’re as pumped for football season as we are.
3. You’ve already planned out your tailgate menus and game day outfits.
4. You constantly think (and speak) in football metaphors. Lunchtime at your internship = halftime. Struck up a conversation that cute guy/girl from the coffee shop? Touchdown; just make sure you don’t fumble first.
5. You have very strong opinions on all the major rivalries. Even if you your school isn’t a part of a famous rivalry, you definitely have an opinion on what team you’re rooting for, from Michigan v. Ohio State to Army v. Navy.
6. Even though you’ve practically memorized the pre-season rankings, you’re still going to check them at least once a day. In fact you’ll read them again right now.
Pre-Season Rankings, courtesy of ESPN:
1. Florida State
6. Ohio State
8. Michigan State
9. South Carolina
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona State
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas State
23. North Carolina