StudyBlue is looking for a naturally gifted, highly motivated professional to join our outstanding design team.
We are passionate about design—in all its forms—we put the highest value on our ability to create experiences that continually delight and engage our audience. We approach design solutions with an empathetic, holistic view, discussing ideas around a whiteboard before prototyping and iterating our assumptions. We work tirelessly to solicit feedback from the real people using our products and incorporate those findings into the final release. We embrace best practices but continually aspire to create solutions that take us beyond the obvious.
You: A talented, hard working human being who is hungry to do big things. Someone who knows what it’s like to work hard, but also wants to have a life. Your attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities are keen, and you are excited to use them to implement consistent, seamless, cross-platform experiences for students worldwide. You grasp complex product workflows and can wireframe in your sleep. You know the difference between usability and design, but you appreciate both. You don’t want to spend all your time with boxes and arrows because you love UI visual design just the same. You understand and embrace the user-experience differences that exist among Desktop browsers, iOS, Android, and the Mobile Web. You excel at pushing the proverbial envelope while developing new features. You’re confident you can work closely with StudyBlue’s designers and engineers to help create a product that shines.
The Job: As Sr Product Designer you’ll move product from sketching (wireframes and workflows) to shipping (hi-res comps and production-ready assets). You’ll work closely with designers and product managers to ensure StudyBlue’s designs embody and/or extend user experience, brand identity and business goal requirements. You’ll also collaborate with developers to ensure your designs are realized in the way you intended.
- Define our design strategy across web, mobile, and tablet and execute against product and business needs.
- Understand complex product requirements, and translate them into intuitive user interfaces across web, mobile, and tablet devices.
- Create inspiring user-centered designs that take into consideration customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Work closely with product, marketing, engineers and the rest of the team to bring designs to life that create amazing experiences for our users.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Digital Media or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience designing web, mobile or user centered applications.
- Experience in user-centered design methods including user research, exploration, storytelling, detailed design, user testing and prototyping.
- A compelling portfolio of sketches, wireframes, prototypes, hi-res comps, etc. that clearly expresses your ability to create successful design solutions.
- Experience launching digital consumer products serving millions of users in an Agile development environment
- The ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, and visual design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork comes standard.
Nice to have:
- Keen eye for observing that “A-ha!” moment with our users.
- A continuing commitment to expanding your professional knowledge and staying current with design trends.
- Self starter.
To apply for this position, please send your portfolio and/or website along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.