Trust and integrity.
StudyBlue strives to help students study their material in the most efficient ways possible. And as importantly, StudyBlue is committed to providing an environment for students and educators that safeguards and promotes ethical behavior.
Terms of service.
You’ve seen this kind of thing before. It’s that long page of words that most people just agree to without reading. But you should check it out. You’ve got a right to know all of this stuff and we like our users to be as educated as possible.
- StudyBlue is a free service with an optional premium upgrade. We will never force you to pay for an upgrade, or remove any content you have created for free.
- Anything you upload to StudyBlue is yours. You will always have the option to share your content or keep it private.
- The Site is protected by, and accountable to, all applicable federal and international intellectual property laws.
- StudyBlue does not check the materials made on our site for accuracy, integrity or quality. If you find something that says Columbus sailed the oceans blue in 1942, it’s probably best to use a different card.
- As you probably know, computers sometimes get a bug. On rare occasions StudyBlue may be unavailable for use. There is no guarantee that StudyBlue will be accessible at all times and StudyBlue shall not be held responsible for any such disruptions.
- Your username is yours and yours alone. You are responsible for the content posted by your account.
- StudyBlue collects the data that you volunteer while using the site. We also collect information about your system and how you use StudyBlue products and services so that we can continue to make StudyBlue the best possible study experience for everyone.
- You can easily access and control your personal information and your information sharing settings on StudyBlue by using our profile editing tools.
- StudyBlue follows reasonable industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall.
- Web beacons and cookies are used to help manage, monitor and optimize your StudyBlue experience.
- StudyBlue utilizes third party advertising and does not have access or control to the cookies that may be placed by third party advertisers.
StudyBlue is a “freemium” service, which means that there is a free version and a paid version. If you choose to pay for the premium version, please read our billing policies listed below.
- Charges: You agree that we will be immediately authorizing you credit or debt card for use of StudyBlue Pro or StudyBlue Teacher upgraded subscription services, plus any applicable taxes or other charges as may be required. All fees and charges are payable in advance of the service and are non-refundable. All subscriptions are recurring and will be billed annually or monthly depending on the subscription selected.
- Cancellations: If you wish to cancel your Upgraded Services at the end of your current subscription service period (monthly or yearly), go to your StudyBlue homepage and click preferences under your profile in the upper right, to cancel future subscriptions. Cancellation of Upgraded Services will take effect at the end of the applicable then-current billing period for which payment has been made in advance.
- Refunds: All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. All fees and charges for one-time document usage or gift cards are nonrefundable.