- LDL receptor can't bind LDL
- LDL receptor binding reduced
- LDL receptors incapable of bringing cholesterol into cell after binding (internalization)
A blastomere (Individual cells) is formed when a zygote undergoes multiple mitotic divisions (cleavage) within the zona pellucida.
At the 5th cleavage the blastomeres form a morula. The morula enters the uterine cavity.
Morula undergoes cavitation and forms the blastocysts (inner and outer cell mass) at this time the zone pellucid is dissolved
1. many more males than females show the rare phenotype under study.
2. None of the offspring of an affected male show the phenotype, but all his daughters are carriers.
3. sons of affected males will not be carriers
in pedigree only males could show up but really there are females as carriers..... male cannot get son disease unless wife is carrier
-Fast component: change in resting potential prevents further sperm binding-Slow component: release of enzymes that destroy sperm receptors