The bonds that are broken when water vaporizes are?
· . hydrogen bonds between water molecules.
Collectively, hydrogen bonds hold water togetherAs water molecules leave through evaporations, other water molecules are pulled up to replace them (because of hydrogen bonds)
compounds that have the same molecular formula but different structures and, therefore, different chemical properties
have the same molecular formula but differ in the covalent arrangement of atoms.
unsaturated fats have been synthetically converted to saturated fats by addition of hydrogen
Phospholipids are amphipathic, which means these molecules
Are composed of a hydrophilic portion and hydrophobic portion.
There are 20 different amino acids. What makes one amino acid different from another?
different side chains (R groups) attached to the amino groups.
C) different side chains (R groups) attached to the α carbon.
· Different steroids are created by varying the functional groups attached to the rings
covalent bond between amino acids when dehydration removes a hydroxyl (-OH) from the carboxyl (-COOH) end and one amino acid and a hydrogen atom from the amino group (NH2+) of another.
delicate coil held together by H+ bonding by every 4th amino acid. (secondary structure)
· 2 or more regions of the polypeptide chain lying side by side are connected by hydrogen bonds between parts of the 2 parallel polypeptide backbones. (secondary structure)
· ie. collagen, fibrous protein made of 3 polypeptides
· ie. hemoglobin, globular proein with 4 polypeptide subunits
in plant cells, circular flow of cytoplasm within cell, helps with movement