About this deck
Size: 83 flashcards
Sign up (free) to study this.
- Protocol is http://
- www.mtv.com is the domain name
- com is the domain code
- knows how to go to a web server
- know how to read HTML and tags
- ◦Business-to-Business (B2B)
- ◦Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- ◦Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- rendering: ◦Is how fast the information appear on the screen including text, images, Flash and dynamic effects
- }Ability to process advanced features
- }Extra features
- The current trend 1024x768
- Many users still have only 800x600 display
- An HTML tag is a code element that tells the Web browser what to do with your text
- Forward slash is used to tell the web browsers to end.
- If you place <br /> in a line of text, it will only break the line; if you use <p>, it will both break the line and create an extra space.
- In XHTML the <br> tag must be properly closed, like this: <br />.
- ( <font color="color">...</font>
- If you would like to assign a specific color to the entire text of your page, add text="color" within the <body> tag.
- Using the anchor tags, you can reference other people's work, point to other pages you like
- <a href="URL">
- <a href="http://www.howstuffworks.com"> HowStuffWorks </a>
- to link color it goes in body tag
- <p><center> You can center text on the page. </center></p> Depreciated tag…better to use…
- <p><div align=center> Division justification alignment for example centered aligned. </div></p>
- Age Range
- Family size (Marital status)
- Education (Highest level) lIncome (Range)
- Occupation (Type of work, length of time)
- The consumer searches for information required to make a purchase decision
- The consumer compares various brands and products
- Attitude formation
- The consumer decides which brand to purchase
- The consumer evaluates their purchase decision
- Buttons are the most common navigation technique on web pages.
- Dreamweaver has Flash Buttons available for use. Please don’t use these buttons in your submits.
- As a designer you need to learn how to create your own buttons.
- Price contenders:
- Strategy group: This is a much stronger group. They make a case for doing business with them by the advertising and marketing strategies they use
- Secondary competitors
- Here you might place upscale hamburger retailers like Fudruckers®.
- Secondary competitors
- Other indirect competitors of McDonalds® would be Pizza Hut®, Dairy Queen®, Taco Bell® and other local non-hamburger establishments.
- Browser Defaults (low
- Head tag
- Simple layout
- Centered orientation
- Design the content, not the page
- 3D effects, used sparingly
- Soft, neutral background colors
- Strong color, used sparingly
- Cute icons, used sparingly
- plenty of whitespace
- Nice big text
- Creating good web site navigation is the most important task a web designer has to accomplish in the web design process. n
- less clicks better
- People can enter a site through any other page, not just the homepage.
- Simultaneous access
- blackboard online test
Yours (colleen T. Hayes Photography)
- Left navigation. ¨Most common type of navigation.
- Top site nav. is second most common (leaves more room for content)
- Right site nav. English language base sites
- bottom not recommended
- can turn bulletins into professional looking buttons and
- Tabbed Menu
- Drop Down Menu (use html to create it)
<li><a href="#">Table Lamps</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Wall Lights</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Floor Lamps</a></li>
- 1.Remove the bullet
- 2.Display all the items on one line
- 3.Make the boxes from one small image that repeats
- 4.Set the minimum width of the menu 5.Apply hover effects to the menu
- Sets size of menu }
- Remove bullet from text }
- Sets font size, text, and color of borders }
- Sets hover color
- is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines (natural or algorithmic)}
- ◦A set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common divisor
- relied on webmaster-provided information such as the keyword meta tag, or index files in engines like ALIWEB.
two types of references: to any page off your site must include http:// ex. http://www.public.asu.edu/~bdrymer/
Myth Dreamweaver does not generate "atrocious" code. In fact, it allows you to decide how you want your code to look, so even if you never go into the code editor, you can generate HTML that looks good for your text editor compatriots.
Verdict: Fact WYSIWYG editors, including Dreamweaver, do the best they can, but it's impossible to build in design view for every permutation of browser, OS, and version available. We do the best we can, and always test our work in as many browsers as possible.
Myth Dreamweaver can produce Web pages to whatever standards you would like to use.
Verdict: Myth It's not the editor that is faster, it's the experience of the person using it. If you want to be a faster designer, learn your preferred program inside and out so that you can get the most out of it.
Half and Half It is possible to write Web pages in Dreamweaver without learning HTML, but the more HTML you learn the better your pages will be.
- Crime 1: Placing Block Elements Inside Inline Elemen
- Crime 2: Not Including an ALT Attribute on Images
- Crime 3: Not Using Lists When Necessary
- Crime 4: Using <b> and <i> for Bolding and Italicizing
- Crime 6: Using The Wrong Strikethrough Tags s strike/del ins
- Crime 7: Using Inline Styling
- Crime 8: Adding or Removing Borders in HTML
- Crime 9: Not Using Header Tags
- Crime 10: The Unspeakable Use of <blink> or <marquee>
- Age: children, teens, young, middle, elderly
- Gender: male, female
- Education: high school, college, university
- Income: low, medium, high
- Marital status: single, married, divorced
- Ethnic and/or religious background
- Family life cycle: newly married, married for 10 – 20 years, with or without children.
About this deck
Size: 83 flashcards