What: Archaeological site in Chile
When: Dated to 11,000 BCE
Where: Caves in Chile
Significance: The date casts doubt on the land bridge theory of human migration, and points to the pacific route theory.
1. Humble beginnings: from refugees to Triple Alliance 1434
2. Tenochtitlán, the island capital: Location? Size? Description?
3. Military conquests, tribute, human sacrifice, social classes
4. Brief duration until Spanish invasion by H. Cortez
• On plains, made by removing stones from surface
• Design elements similar to those on ceramics and textiles
• Geometric and animal figures