Gives rise to outer covering of body and nervous system
Location: Exteroceptors, interoceptors, and some proproceptors.
Stimulus: Mechanoreceptors (deep pressure, stretch, vibration of high frequency); rapidly adapting.
Body Location: Dermis and hyperdermis; periostea, mesentery, tendons, ligaments, joint capsules; most abundant on fingers, soles of feet, external genitalia, nipples.
1. hGH (Human Growth Hormone)
2. TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
3. FSH (Follicle-stimulating Hormone)
4. LH (Luteinizing Hormone)
5. PRL (Prolacting)
6. ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic Hormone)
7. MSH (Melanocyte-stimulating Hormone)
allele freq and genotype freq does not change from generation to generation in a population
A model situation in which allele frequencies do not change, no evolution.
p2+ 2 pq + q2 = 1
p = frequency of allele A and q = frequency of allele a
139 million Mg N fixed globally eachyear (terrestrially)
The mechanism (v. energy demanding)
• Nitrogenase enzyme (catalyst)