crying like an old woman
she envies him AND is sexually attracted
What does the "pot lid" imagery that opens "The Crysanthemums" probably symbolize?
she reaches toward his pants
Why does Nick marry Honey?
What shocking thing does one of the soldiers in O'Brien's "The Things They Carried" carry?
- a character addressing the audience
- pictures projected on screeens
- mimed gestures such as eating
- a man who was a hermaphrodite
- the narrator of most of The Wasteland
- pretending to be dead
- pretending to be incompetent
- living life to the fullest
- aesthetic experience through art
- they have lost faith in god
- they have lost faith in modern civilization
- they have been traumatized by the horrors of war
- he's a romantic
- he cries in front of other men
- he is inauthentic