techniques delay noncritical activities by using positive slack to reduce peak demand and fill in the valleys for the resources.
advancement- giving a task or assignment that can result in promotion.
recognition- acknowledging effort, accomplishments, or abilities
visibility- providing a chance to be known by higher-ups or significant others in the organization.
the basic principle that "one good deed deserves another, and likewise , one bad deed deserves another."
"You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."
aspects of leading by example
A charateristic of high performance teams in which group performance is greater than the sum of individual contributions.
Control is the process of comparing actual performance against plan to identify deviations, evaluate possible alternative courses of actions, and take appropriate corrective action.
1. getting delivery acceptance from the customer
2. shutting down resources and releasing to new uses.
3. Reassigning project team members
4. Closing accounts and seeing all bills are paid
5. Delivering the project to the customer
6. Creating a final report