- Usefulness of the product
- Balancing of likelihood of injury (Carol towing)
- Availability of substitute design
- Manufacturer's ability to eliminate unsafeness
- User's ability to avoid danger with R care
- User's anticipated awareness of danger
- Feasibility of manufacturer to spread the loss.
1. The usefulness & desireability of the product- its utility to the user and to public as a whole.
2. The safety aspects of the product- the likelihood that it would cause injury, and the probable seriousness of the injury.
3. The availability of a substitute product that would meet the same need and not be as unsafe.