Marwell & Schmitt’s 16 compliance-gaining strategies
1. Reward- please do this for me and ill do something back for you
2. Threaten of punishment- if you don’t do this for me something else will happen.
3. Using expertise (positive) if you do your homework you'll get into a good college
4. Using expertise (negative) you will not be successful then you will not clean your room.
5. Liking- you get a person to like you before you get them to do something
7. Administrating punishment- this is actually punishing them
8. Debt- I did this for you, you owe me.
9. Make the request be a morality- a good person would do this for me.
10. Promote positive esteem- you feel like a good person if you do this
11. Promote negative esteem- you feel like a bad person if you do this
12. Altercasting positive- people who are good would do this, I am not saying that about you but Im saying in general.
13. Altercasting negative- people are bad would do this.
14. Altruism- if you are really good, then you would do this for me.
15. Esteem positive- other people will think you are good if you help me
16. Esteem negative- other people will think you are bad if you don’t help meAsked people to write down what they do to get people to do them a favor for them. Have to look at the context in which each one is made.