13: Uranus and Neptune
- University of Houston - main campus
- Physics And Astronomy
- Physics And Astronomy 1305.
- 13: Uranus and Neptune
Last Modified: 2011-12-06
*Uranus and Neptune are very similar
seasonal variations are extreme.
- Triton is in retrograde orbit (active surface)
- Nereid is highly eccentric
- U. and N. are similar: gaseous and cold
- U.'s spin axis is almost in the plane of it's orbit
- U has no excess heat emission, but Neptune does!
N.'s moon Triton has a retrograde orbit
U. and N. both have faint ring systems.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"