1570 Unit 4 Objectives
Last Modified: 2011-10-18
- Psychrophiles: Grow best below 15dC.
- Psychrotrophs: Grow best btw 20-30dC. Some at 0d
- Mesophiles: Grow best btw 25-40dC (body & lab incub temp 37dC)
- Thermophiles: Grow best btw 50-60dC. Min temp maybe <45dC
- Hyperthermophiles: 80d C or >
- Obligate Aerobes: require oxygen
- Microaerophiles: Require oxygen in lower percentages.
- Facultative anaerobes: Prefers oxygen, but can survive without it
- Aerotolerant: Don't use oxygen
- Obligate Anaerobes: Killed by oxygen
- Carbon: Needed to synthesize all organic compounds
- Nitrogen: Synthesize amino acids, proteins, and ATP
- Sulfur: Synthesize amino acids, proteins, and vitamins
- Phosphorus: Synthesize DNA, RNA, ATP, and membranes
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"