Last Modified: 2016-03-08
- steroid hormone diffuses via simple diffusion through cell membrane
- hormone binds to a receptor in the cytosol, causing a conformation change in the receptor
- Once hormone & receptor are bound, it can move into the nucleus
- Hormone-receptor complex binds to DNA, causing a change in gene activity
- Signal binds to receptor protein kinase (RTK)
- Signal bindig causes confomration change in RTK & is activated from phosphorylation (ATP-->ADP)
- proteins form a bridge between RTK and Ras (protein bridge activates Ras)
- GTP binds to RAS and phosphorylates another protein (GTP--->GDP)
- phosphorylated protein binds to another protein & phosphorylates it, etc.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"