342 Exam 1
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Business Administration
- Business Administration 342
- 342 Exam 1
2. relationship among records.
what is being purchased from the suppliers and then used up or sold. PRODUCT, the enity which is a resource.
in 342 sales process what events are occuring?
customers are placing orders and a sale occurs when the product is shipped out.
2 more entities, Order and Sale=events
in 342 sales process who are the agents.?
Suppliers, customers, employees, and shippers.= agents.
2. all relationships and relationship types b/w pairs of entities
3. all of the attributes for each entity must be identified.
*at least one attribute must be used to uniquely identify each row of data in an entity.
*RULE- for every entity identified there will be a table defined in the physical database.
2. might want to know whether the overall value of the portfolio has been increasing or decreasing over the past 6 weeks.
3. review the number of stocks for which the price has been decrease/increased over the past 6 weeks.
2. controls the amount of data or the storage capacity for each cell in a field.
3. to ensure data consistency among all cells of a field
2. Activate a field by clicking the field name or activate one cell in the field to be deleted.
3. Click the Delete icon in the Datasheet tab on the ribbon.
2. Activate the records to be deleted by clicking and dragging in the box to the left of the records.
3. Press the delete key on the keyboard or click the Delete Icon in the Home tab on the Ribbon.
A customer can place many orders
1 supplier can supply many different products
1 employee can make many orders
there can be many products involved in many orders
only 1 sale happens with every 1 order
max number of products that can belong to any one category? MANY
2 posted fields, Supplier ID and Category ID, easier linking b/w the products table and the supplier and the products table and the category table
Each record in the orderlines table is uniquely identified by the combination of the order id and the product id fields
Each record in the salelines table is uniquely identified by the combination of the sales invoice id and product Id fields
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"