4-Lecture Notes 3
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Psychology 202
- 4-Lecture Notes 3
Last Modified: 2011-12-20
Related Textbooks:Introducing Psychology
- depressed mood
- loss of interest
- disturbances in eating, sleep, weight, concentration
- feelings of guilt, worthlessness, hopelessness, death and suicide
- elevated, expansive, or irritable mood
- hyperactivity, decreased need for sleep, grandiosity
- racing thoughts, pressured speech, reckless behavior
- Activating event, beliefs, consequences cause depression
- hypothalamus (involved in controlling eating behavior)
- CCK (satiety hormone)--too much of hormone in body
- genetics--runs in family
- people trying too hard to live up to standards
- don't want to mature into adulthood
- consequence of sexual abuse or trauma
- family dynamics
- CCK (satiety hormone)--people may lack
- 5-HT (serotonin) (involved in mood disorders)--low levels may be associated with impulsive behavior
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"