Last Modified: 2011-06-29
- Subtracting and adding the margin of error from the sample proportion.
- You can be 96% confident that the true population proportion lies within this interval
- probability of 0 means that the event in impossible
- probability of 1 means the event is certain
- It is based on a model in which all outcomes are equally likely
- it is determined by dividing the number of ways an event can occur by the total number of possible outcomes
- It is based on observations or experiments
- it is the relative frequency of the event of interest
- independent if the outcome of one event doesn't affect the probability of the other event
- P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B)
- dependent if the outcome of one event affects the probability of the other event
- P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B given A)
- non-overlapping if they cannot occur together
- P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B)
- overlapping if they can occur together
- P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A-B)
- Order does matter
- nPr = n!/(n-r)!
- Order does not matter
- nCr = n!/(n-r)r!
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"