- Enables audience members to develop independent judgments
about media content
- If we do not know why we watch/read/listen to something, we have taken no responsibility for our choices
- If we know the process, we can form expectations of how they can serve us
- How do the various media industries operate? What are their obligations to us? How do different media limit or enhance messages?
Printing Press helped change the world & the people in it
Mass Media do the same
- If we ignore the impact of media, we risk being caught up and carried along by that change rather than controlling it
Media Literacy is not about always being suspicious of harmful
We take college classes to enhance understanding & appreciation
Same concept for media text
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!