The nurse identifies the nursing diagnosis of risk for impaired skin integrity related to obesity and immobility for a patient. During the evaluation phase of the nursing process, the nurse would
When the nurse encourages a patient with heart failure to alternate rest and activity periods to reduce cardiac workload, the phase of the nursing process being used is:
3. the care provided is based on the best evidence for quality care and desired outcomes.
A nursing unit is implementing evidence-based nursing practice where possible. A new graduate nurse who has been assigned to this unit would expect that
1. all patient care is provided based on findings from research
2. patient preferences do not influence care as much as research
3 the care provided is based on best evidence and desired outcomes
4. Clinical practice guidelines, individ. decisions unnecessary
A characteristic of a chronic illness is that it:
A nurse is caring for a young adult who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury following a motor vehicle accident. Once the patient recovers from the acute aspects of this injury and is no longer ventilator dependent, the nurse would anticipate that this patient will be transferred to which of the following practice settings?
1. Home health care 2. Acute rehab
3. Long-term acute care 4. Skilled nursing facility
Standard precautions should be used when providing care for:
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!