Advertising Exam 2
- University of Central Florida
- Communications 3311
- Advertising Exam 2
Last Modified: 2012-03-17
- "Through chemistry, (1984)
the most visible reminder of a company’s brand
the relationship of one ad to another throughout a campaign.
3. Aural (music, voice) (Ex: Bud Light- "real men of genius")
- Most important Point-Of-Sale merchandising tool (in-store)
- Has only 1/17th of a second to get attention.
- Takes into account:
Must protect contents
Must meet reasonable cost standards.
- Create pleasant or unpleasant responses
- Inform consumer about type of product
- Influence perception of quality, value and purity
So, package color is a critical component in marketing communication
-Increases heart rate & adrenaline
-Communicates power and vitality
-Stimulates a desire to conquer
-Conveys a sense of structure, sensibility, practicality and dependability
-Makes container appear larger
-May convey a cut-rate price image
-If not used properly, can detract from the perceived quality of the product.
-Implies cleanliness and purity
-Induces thoughts of sky and/or water
-Conveys feelings of serenity, prestige, confidence, knowledge and credibility
-Fresh, light, clean, airiness.
-Often used on low-fat and diet foods
-May be associated with dairy products, and so implies freshness and purity.
-Elegant and sophisticated
-Implies a sense of class and quality.
-Higher price may seem justified
1. Recognition – cut through the clutter?
2. Imagery – what does it say to the user?
3. Structure – easy to open?
4. Behavior – does the consumer want to purchase it?
-public relations efforts
-plus the intangible ‘emotional connection’ that exists in the consumer’s mind
- Who buys the brand? Why?
- Who doesn’t buy it? Why not?
- What do consumers want from it?
- Why do they keep coming back?
-limited client face time
-high profile clients
-multiple touch points
-even playing field
-creative license/mold breaking
-local & regional clients
-lack of formal training programs
-limited career growth
-no lateral opportunities
-inability to absorb loss
• Media Commissions
• Per Project
• Sub Contract/Product Work •! Retainer/Cost-Based Fees
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"