All Cycles with where when why and how
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Biology 100
- All Cycles with where when why and how
Last Modified: 2011-07-05
Related Textbooks:Biology- W/Interactive Study CD
1. 2 ATP molecules are used to "prime pump"
2. Glucose is split to yield 2 molecules of pyruvate
3. Net gain of 2 ATP molecules by substrate-level phosphorylation
4. 2 NADH molecules are generated to carry high-energy electrons
Krebs Cycle "WHEN"
1.Each pyruvate is oxidized to produce 3 CO2 molecules
2. 2 ATP molecules are produced by substrate level phosphorylation
3. 8 NADH molecules are generated to carry out high- energy electrons
4. 2 FADH2 molecules are generated to carry high energy electrons
Electron Transport Chain "WHEN"
Electron Transport Chain "WHY"
1.NADH and FADH2 transfer electrons and release hydrogen to synthesize ATP
2. Oxygen accepts low-energy electrons and combines them with hydrogen to form moecules of water.
Light Reactions "WHEN"
1. Photolysis of H20 releases electrons and yields hydrogen ions and 0s
2. ATP is synthesized by photophosphorylation
3. re-energized electrons are transferred to electron carrier NADPH
Calvin Cycle "HOW"(3)
1. C0s is fixed w/ RuBP
2. ATP and NADPH reduce C02 to form G3P
3. RuBP is recycled to continure Calvin Cycle
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"