Alex Metcalfe Cultural Anthropology Assignment Read the scenario and provide brief responses to the 3 questions. Please number your answers. Assignment 1 Sextup, Inc. is a company that combines the ease of text messaging with social networking. Consumers use Sextup to send and receive confidential text messages of a sexual nature through an online networking site that helps users arrange one-time meetings between interested, consenting adults. This company wants to increase its market share among younger adult users in the triangle and has hired you, an anthropologist, to conduct research into college students’ text messaging culture. Given this scenario: 3. List 5 dimensions of your social location. How will your own social location influence this research? Five dimensions of this research in the college environment will be: Gender, which should be approximately 50:50; age, between 18 and 25; sexual orientation, with about 75% heterosexual and homosexual, bisexual, and transgender making up the other 25%; race, which should not be controlled as it will probably work itself out according to the population; and ethnicity, which needs to be diversely studied to see how Sextup will effect different cultures.