Attraction to the opposite sex
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Psychology 111
- Attraction to the opposite sex
Last Modified: 2011-07-14
Related Textbooks:Psychology: From Inquiry to Understanding, Books a la Carte Plus MyPsychLab
- men show greater interest in sex than females do
- Men are more willing to have casual sex and sex sooner than females (stranger study)
- women could look for wealthy men because of culture and economic forces
- men and women could have the same amount of sexual urges if women sexuality wasn't so surpressed
- The Coolidge Effect-males prefer diversity in sexual partners
- Females choose a male by: appearance, courtship behavior, or material assests
- Parental Investment
- females have more to lose and therefore are more selective
- phsyical appearance is a strong factor because it suggests good health, genes, and fertility
- facial symmetry and hip-ratio of .7 are proven to be more attractive
- they ask what can he offer me and my offspring?
- men don't like long-term relationships but women demand it
- men look for youthfulness and attractiveness
- women look for intelligence, ambition, income, and social status
- these are not conscious strategies
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"