Background for the Profession
- Texas A&M University
- Health Education
- Health Education 210
- Background for the Profession
Last Modified: 2012-02-11
Related Textbooks:Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education (5th Edition)
- prolonged training
- requirements for entry
- specialized body of knowledge & expertise
- standards of practice
- commitment to serving a significant social value
- code of ethics
- infectious diseases (communicable diseases; viral, bacterial, STI's/STD's, etc.)
- chronic diseases (lifestyle diseases; obesity, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, etc.) are increasing steadily
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"