Last Modified: 2011-06-28
- uses the pelog scale.
- performed in Palaces, courts, or in the king's bedchamber.
- Court style.
- the oldest gamelan, the original, or 'pure' Balinese. located in the Tenganan village.
- Three sacred gamelan groups in center of village.
- tuned to three bars that were given to the Tenganan by the gods.
- instruments are made of iron instead of bronze.
- Unique scale.
- Instruments are more plain, less ornamentation on instruments.
- has 2 octaves but not all the notes (2 3 5 6 1 2 3 5 6 1)
- explosive sound ( at the start of the song)
- developed in the early 20th century
according to his state of mind. Real world=slow, youth=faster and faster. Thus, musicians have to split the melody up into kotekan since it is so fast
- The filling of the empty space to drive out evil.
- evil spitiys like empty space and move in a strait line, people are most susceptible to evil influence at times of transition in their life (adolescence to adulthood, death, birth)
- a lot of music, noise, movement, ornamentation, and filling of empty space crowds out the evil space and makes the person's transition safe.
- Big ceremonies to protect transition
- tooth filing ceremony: adolescence to adulthood
- house blessing
- cremation of the kg UBU Deat
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"