Last Modified: 2016-03-08
- Only bacteria have the enzymes.
- Mr 60,000
- 1 Fe4S4 center
- Oxidizes/reduces by one electron
- 2 ATP binding sites
- Mr 240,000
- 4 Fe4S4 centers
- Another redox center: 2 Mo, 16 Fe, 14 S
- In one form, Vanadium instead of Mo
Catalyzes the reaction of glutamate and NH4+ to yield glutamine.
- Glutamate + NH4+ + ATP → glutamine + ADP + Pi + H+
Glutamine is used to produce glutamate.
- α-Ketoglutarate + glutamine + NADPH + H+ → 2 glutamate + NADP+
- A notable intermediate in several pathways of amino acid and nucleotide synthesis.
- Synthesized from ribose 5-phosphate derived from the pentose phosphate pathway.
- Free-Living Bacteria
- Symbionts--In root nodules of legumes.
Glutamate + NH4+ + ATP → glutamine + ADP + Pi + H+
α-Ketoglutarate + glutamine + NADPH + H+ → 2 glutamate + NADP+
- Cumulative allosteric inhibition.
- Covalent modification.
- Chorismatic Acid
- Shikimic Acid
- Simple Feedback Inhibition
- Concerted Inhibition
- Enzyme Multiplicity
- Sequential Feedback Inhibition
- Oxaloacetate ⇌Aspartate
- α-Ketoglutarate →Glutamate
- Pyruvate →Alanine
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"