- New York Institute of Technology
- Biochemistry 101
Last Modified: 2014-08-15
- delicate coil held by H-bonds every fourth amino acid
- proline usually breaks and introduces a bend in the alpha helix
- two or more strands of polypeptide chain side by side connected by H-bonds
The process by which a protein’s three-dimensional structure is altered (pH, temperature, salts); in the denatured condition only the primary structure is present
- binding of second and third O2 occurs with greater ease
- dissociation follows the same pattern
-hydroxylysine: can be glycosylated, forms interstrand crosslinks
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"