- Winthrop University
- Biological Sciences
- Biological Sciences 308
- Bone Tissue
Last Modified: 2012-02-16
Related Textbooks:Anatomy & Physiology: The Unity of Form and Function with Connect Access Card
- osteogenic - stem cells that differentiate into most other bone cells
- osteoblast - bone forming
- osteocytes - osteoblast trapped in matrix they form, maintenance, restructuring, homeostasis
- osteoclast - bone dissolving , created from marrow stemcells
- Endochondral - built from cartilage, indirect
- intramembranous - built by periosteum, direct
- osteogensis form into osteoblast
- osteoblast form osteoid which mineralizes into bony spicules
- osteocytes form as spicules fuse into trabeculae -woven bone
- woven bone is remodeled into lamellar or spongy bone by osteoclast
- mesenchyme develops into chondrocytes and hyline cartilage model
- bony collar forms(osteoblast) around primary ossification center(cavity after chondrocytes die)
- vascular invasion, primary marrow cavity and secondary ossification centers form
- secondary marrow cavity forms in epiphysis
- epiphysis fills with spongy bone and growth is limited to cartilage of epiphyseal plate
- all cartilage used, no more interstitial growth possible
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"