Last Modified: 2016-03-08
- Determine a formula for sequence for partial sums
- Find its limit
- If 0 <(or equals) r < 1, series converges
- If r >1 (infinity), series diverges
- If r = 1, test is inconclusive
- If 0 <(or equals) p < 1, series converges
- If p>1(including infinity), series diverges
- p=1, test is inconclusive
- If 0 < ak < bk and sum of bk converges, then sum of ak converges
- If 0 < bk < ak and sum of bk diverges, then sum of ak diverges
- 0 < L < infinity, then sum of ak and sum of bk both converge or diverge
- If L=0 and sum of bk converges then sum of ak converges
- If L = infinity and sum of bk diverges, then sum of ak diverges
- Terms are nonincreasing in magnitude (0<ak+1<ak)
- limit as k->inf of ak = 0
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"