Last Modified: 2016-03-08
* no length limit
* majority of human genes
* not all are coding regions
* hemoblobin HbS
beta: chromosome 11
* tumor suppressor
* process microRNAs to help control cell growth
* influences: cell death, growth, structure and DNA repair
* involved in fertility and early embryonic development
* retrotransposition of mRNA
* retain most of the exon-introns
* 200-15,000 bp length
* clustered or interspersed
* coding or non-coding
ex: histone genes, ribosomal RNA
* 6-100 bp long
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"