· Origin: Formed from mesenchyme during 5th week of development.
· Importanceo Specialized connective tissue
· Avascular: Nutrition by diffusion. Difficulty of regeneration.
· Growth: Appositional (from surface) & Interstitial (from the inside).
· Poor ability for regeneration. Usually occurs with formation of fibrous scar.o Collagen lays down lots of fibroblasts into tear in cartilage and seals it to make scar rather than regrow cartilage.
· Mineralized extracellular matrix.
· One of hardest tissues in body.
· Formed by collagen fibers, ground substance, and cells.
· Withstands compression, deformation, and stress
· Diffusion limited due to mineralized ECM.
· Vascular tissue w/ blood and lymph vessels running through ito Heals faster than cartilage.
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"Alice , Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"Tim , University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly!Â I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"Jennifer , Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"Justin , LSU