Ch. 2 - Theoretical Perspectives on Sexuality
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Psychology 160
- Ch. 2 - Theoretical Perspectives on Sexuality
Last Modified: 2011-07-16
Related Textbooks:Hooking Up: Sex, Dating, and Relationships on Campus
Related Textbooks:Sexual Fluidity: Understanding Women's Love and Desire
Related Textbooks:The Wisdom of Whores: Bureaucrats, Brothels and the Business of AIDS
Related Textbooks:Understanding Human Sexuality
2. preferential choice by members of one gender (usually females) for certain members of the other gender
1. the libido
2. desire to survive
2) Anal Stage
3) Phallic Stage
5) Genital Stage
- pleasure derived from sucking
- child focues on elimination from the body
interest is focused on the penis, pleasure from masturbation
-- sexual urges become more specifically genital, and there is biological function of reproduction
- this data is from Freud's therapuetic patients (biased, not representative of the general public)
- feminists criticize idea of Penis Envy and inferiority of women
2. interactions are associated with personal self-disclosure , of body, throughts, and feelings as well
2) Power Structure (powerful groups in society try to control sexuality of less powerful groups)
3) Ideology of Society (assumptions about human nature- ex. homosexuality)
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"