- University of Missouri- Columbia
- Classical Humanities
- Classical Humanities 1060
- CH. 3
Last Modified: 2012-02-09
- Written by Hesiod
- Earliest explanation of the existence of the gods, universe, and humankind
- Daughters of Zeus
- Give Inspiration
- Chaos - not exactly a deity, but a first principle, or perhaps a void
- Gaia- Earth
- From Chaos came all others (Eros, Erebus, & Night)
- Written in poem "Metamorphoses"
- Chaos is not a gaping void but rather a crude unformed mass of elements in strife, from which an unnamed god or some higher nature formed the order of the universe.
- Male Sky God produced by Gaia
- father of the titans
- 12 Children of Uranus and Gaia
- son of Helius
- gave Ethipians their dark skin
- made Libya into a desert
- Goddess of the dawn
- Cursed by Aphrodite to love only young mortals
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"