Last Modified: 2011-07-01
Related Textbooks:Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology
- The study of humankind., viewed from the perspective of all people and all time.
- Cultural anthropology-
- Archaeology- focusing on the material remain
- Linguistic anthropology
- Physical anthropology - study all aspects of present and past human biology
- The study of human biological evolution and human bicultural variation
- Every person is a product of evolutionary history, or all the biological changes that have brought humanity to its preset form.
- Each of us is a product of our own individual life history.
- Nonhoning canine
- Culture (material culture i.e tv, cars, house, tools)
- Hunting- i.e a group of men organize themselves to pursue animals for food.
- Speech- talking
- Dependence on domesticated foods
- Develop questions, gather evidence (data), data used to test hypotheses
- Identify the problem based on some earlier observations
- Stating the hypothesis
- Collecting the data (observations)
- Testing the hypothesis: rejection or acceptance
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"