chap. 14 Solar System Debris
- University of Houston - main campus
- Physics And Astronomy
- Physics And Astronomy 1305.
- chap. 14 Solar System Debris
Last Modified: 2011-12-06
- Kuiper belt is outside the orbit of Pluto and has many icy chunks
2) Be massive enough that gravity keeps it spherical
3) Clear its orbit of other debris
pluto is 1,2 but not 3
- Asteroid types: S types (silicate) C type (carbonaceous)
- a few asteroids are in Earth-crossing orbits
- Comets are icy and normally orbit far from the sun
-most reside in the Oort cloud
-The Kuiper belt is just beyond the orbit of Neptune, a number of Kuiper belt objects have recently been observed
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"