Chap. 4 Study Questions
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Psychology 110
- Chap. 4 Study Questions
Last Modified: 2011-07-16
Related Textbooks:Readings in Multicultural Psychology
Sensitization is when your response to and event increases with repeated exposure.
They both present a change in behavior, therefore learning.
- Getting sick after eating a certain food, you will most likely avoid that food.
- Having a bad experience at the dentist may cause you to cringe at the sound of any drill
- knowing the difference between a wolf and dog helps you choose to run or not respond.
Spontaneous Recovery: recovery of an extinguished conditioned response after a period of nonexposure to the conditioned stimulus
Negative means something when removed increases the likelihood of the response.
Negative: withholding weekly allowance if a child's room is messy
Variable-ratio: sometimes Duane get $1 after cleaning his room
Fixed-interval: Duane gets $1 every third time he cleans his room
Variable-interval: on a random weekday Duane gets $1 if he cleans his room
- Baby rats eat what the older rats eat
- red-winged blackbirds won't eat a food if another bird gets sick form eating it.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"