Chapter 1 Notes: Test 1
Last Modified: 2016-03-08
- We form bonds easily.
- We are distressed when we lose a bond.
- We use isolation as punishment.
- associate with our strong emotions
- serve as a buffer against stress, poor and health
- meets our psychological needs
- reduce uncertainty
- reduce fear
- Demographic event
- joining of two families and two networks
- legal contract
- economic union
- most common living arrangement
- socializing unit
- opportunity to develop and maintain intimate and sharing relationship
- fewer marriages
- later marriages
- fewer kids
- more divorce
- more working moms
- more single parents
- more step families
- more cohabitation
- boomerang kids
25.3 for women
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"