- University of Washington - Seattle Campus
- Astronomy 101
- Chapter 10.3
Last Modified: 2011-06-26
Related Textbooks:The Essential Cosmic Perspective
the lines represent the directions in which compass needles would point if we placed them in the magnetic field
- the sun's strong magnetic field carries energy upward
- the same magnetic fields that keep sunspots cool make the overlying plasma of the chromosphere and corona hot
- disrupt electrical power delivery
- damage the electronic components in orbiting satellites
- averages 22 years
- the magnetic field switches every 11 years, so the full cycle is 22 years
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"