- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Botany 130
- Cameron, Christopherson
- Chapter 13
Last Modified: 2011-07-02
Related Textbooks:Biology of Plants, 7e (Ise)
• Lack an organized nucleus and membrane-bound organelles
• Circular strand of DNA localized at nucleoid
• Rigid cell walls (composed of peptidoglycan in Bacteria)
• Cell wall encased by “capsule” of polysaccharide slime
• Store food in inclusions as poly-B-hydroxybutiric acid (lipid like) or glycogen (starch like)
• Distinct flagella
• Binary fission
• Only after about 2100 million years did oxygen began to accumulate in atmosphere
• Protective ozone (O3 ) layer developed
• This permitted the origin of aerobic respiration
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
but also requires DNA polymerase
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"