Last Modified: 2011-07-08
· 1) Economy
o new industries
o growth of cities
· 2) Democratic Party dominates politics after 1877
· 3) Situation of women & blacks changes
o women: more active in jobs, civic work, reform
o blacks: more isolated, have less political power
· Decision: Louisiana’s railroad segregation law does NOT violate the Constitution
· RESULT: expansion of segregation by law
· Development of cattle ranching
· Development of western agriculture
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"