Chapter 19: International Sport Questions
- University of Memphis
- Sports Management
- Sports Management 2015
- Chapter 19: International Sport Questions
Last Modified: 2014-07-02
- Degree, regularity, and action tqaken with a focus primarily on international activity
- Context in which an organization operates within the international sport enterprise
Women were formally accepted to Olympic games in?
World Cup started in?
1976 Winter games (Sweeden)
West Germans were eager to demonstrate a peaceful nation
Israeli athletes were held hostage (Munich olympics)
African nations boycotted because of South Africa's apartheid policy
- Professional league expansion
- Proliferation of endorsements, contracts, and television
- 1991 first World Cup for Women
Significant fees were charged for sponsorship.
Participants no longer needed to be "amateurs", each federation determined own rules for eligibility (pros could now play)
NBA launched expansion in 1992 to capitalize on Olympic gold of the Dream Team.
MLB expands into Australia with 6 teams (ALB).
NFL Europe (1991-2007) and games overseas.
- Trademark licensing and merchandise
- Cable deregulation and integrated technologies
- On-demand information technologies
- Cross-marketing and promotional agreements between different countries.
- Study abroad
- Familiarize yourself with a wide range of publications to stay current on international political, business, & sport trends
- Know how sport operates internationally
- Understand geopolitical regions
- Volunteer at a major international sport event
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"