Last Modified: 2011-07-03
· Reverses Plessy vs. Ferguson (made segregation legal)
· Rules that sending black children to “separate but equal” schools denies them equal treatment under the Constitution
· Opens up whole new Civil Rights era
Southerners try to delay this; National Guard eventually used
· Prohibited segregation in public accommodations
· Outlawed employment discrimination on federally-assisted projects
· Created the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
· Martin Luther King takes our founding documents (Constitution/Declaration of Independence) & time to apply them to blacks; “cash our check”/what the documents mean but apply it to blacks; make American live up to what we say we are
· Massive voter registration drive in rural Mississippi
· Volunteers taught 2,000 children in SNCC-run schools
· RESULT: 1,600 new voters; signing of Voting Rights Act of 1965, which
o Outlawed literacy tests
o Provided for Federal voting registrars in low-turnout areas
· Lets attack/fix
o Civil Rights
· purpose of the offensive was to strike military and civilian command and control centers throughout South Vietnam and to spark a general uprising among the population that would then topple the Saigon government, thus ending the war in a single blow
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"