Last Modified: 2012-05-23
His nickname was "man of steal".
- an agreement that recognized the Vatican as a tiny independent state, with Mussolini agreeing to give the church heavy financial support. In turn, the pop expressed his satisfaction and urged Italians to support Mussolini’s government.
- used anti-Semitism in his successful campaign for the office of mayor of Vienna
- his election was the first serious sign of the collapse of Austrian liberalism
- Jews were identified with capitalists and the irrational hatred directed at them unified different groups and helped to sweep Lueger into office
- had unlimited, arbitrary power; title bestowed upon Adolf Hitler
- most famous example → Hitler crushes Poland in 4 weeks
- Himmler, an inhuman skank, was the leader.
- Killed a lot of Jewish people
Killed over 2400
Led US into WWII
- adopted the policy “Europe First” ** a military strategy set forth by Churchill and adopted by Roosevelt, that called for the defeat of Hitler in Europe before the United States launched an all out strike on Japan.
- The Happenese believed they could destroy MacArthur’s troops and transport ships before the main American fleet arrived. The result was the four-day Battle of Leyte Guld, the greatest battle in naval history. Japanese navy was decimated; US came on top
- two Japanese cities that were destroyed by a nuclear strike by the US
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"