Last Modified: 2011-07-02
- from lowest to highest value
- how the data vary from the mean
- when a distribution has a bell shape we often call this a normal distribution
- 68% of all the observations fall within 1 standard deviation of the mean.
- 95% of all the observations fall within 2 standard deviations of the mean.
- 99.73% of all the observations fall within 3 standard deviations of the mean.
- how many standard deviations away from the mean is x
- at least 75% are within ±2
- at least 88.9% are within ±3
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"