Last Modified: 2014-06-24
Related Textbooks:Organic Chemistry (with CengageNOW 2-Semester Printed Access Card)
Cis: a,e or e,a
Trans: a,a or e,e
- The angle between two groups in a Newman projection
- (dihedral angle)
- Lowest in energy
- Newman Projection have a dihedral angle of 60
- Highest in Energy
- Conformation in which groups are eclipsing each other in Newman projections
Cis: a,a or e,e
- Hydrocarbons that LACK a π bond
- Saturated Hydrocarbons
- End in a suffix of "-ane"
- Hydrocarbons LACKING π bond
- End with a suffix of "-ane"
- 12 kj/mol
- NO Angle strain
- Angles are 109.5o
- Eclipsing C-H bonds around the ring
- Nearby groups in a Newman projection have a dihedral angle of 60o
- The angle between two groups in a Newman Projection
- Also known as "dihedral angle"
- Conformation of cyclohexane
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"