Chapter 6 - Management
Last Modified: 2011-11-01
Related Textbooks:The Legal Environment of Business
- Called the 4th branch of govt.
- Primary tool for regulation by Govt.
- Began in 1887 w/ ICC.
- ICC (Interstate Commerce COmmision) - regulates railroads
- SEC (Securities & Exchange Commision) - regulate securities Industries
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission) - Regulates Communication Industry
Agencies adopt perspective of the agency to be regulated.
- Agency benefits from regulation
- acts in favor of industry
Economy-wide regulatory Agencies
- Covers more than one agency
- Mostly in 60's and 70's
- A few in New deal Era
- FTC (Federal Trade Commission) - prevent unfair or deceptive advertising
- NLRB - labor rights in all industries
- Office of Pice Admin. set maximum price for rent
- it was permissable for administrative agencies to ascertain facts and fill in details of the legislation as long as they complied with the standards and guidleines set forth by Congress.
Administrative Procedures Act (APA)
- Defines procedural rules and formalities for all federal agencies
- Rule book for Admin. Agencies.
Rules can be...?
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"