- Florida State University
- Public Administration
- Public Administration Pad3003
- Chapter 6
Last Modified: 2011-06-24
- power of chief executive to convince legislators, administrators and the general public that their policies should be adopted.
- various mechanisms such as legislative support, policy initiatives, and emergency decision-making powers available to chief executives to help direct bureaucratic behavior
- budget prepared by chief executive and their central budget offices for submission to the legislature for analysis, consideration, review, change and enactment
- constitutional power of an elected chief executive to overrule an appropriation, bill, or decision by the legislature.
- disapprove some portions of a bill while approve of others. Unconstitutional for presidential use.
- authority delegated by Congress to the executive branch to add or subtract staff position, or to restructure organizational arrangement, to achieve policy goals as well as increased economy, efficiency and effectiveness of bureaucratic agencies
- temporary cross-functional teams responsible for achieving a particular goal, often drawn from several departments within a larger agency, typically disbanded after goal is complete.
- assumption in traditional administrative thinking that chief executives do not have to be involved in administrative activities or disruption of routine activity occurs-that is, where there is an exception to routine operations.
- the claim, largely unsupported by the federal courts, made by presidents that confidential information exchanged between themselves and their advisers cannot be released without the president’s approval.
- foundation of core values within leaders, manages, and employees interact and on which everything else in the organization is based.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"