Last Modified: 2011-06-24
Related Textbooks:Conducting Experiments in Psychology: Measuring the Weight of Smoke/With Infotrac
You can't be sure you have matched on every relevant variable.
Just not sure if all the participants match on all relevant variables.
It equates on every dimension (even ones that you do not know)
It doesn't always measure the relevant variables and you need to replicate the study.
- Conduct Statistical Tests
- Can try and replicate or (repeat) the study.
- Can try to measure the critical variables. (interactions)
- It is to see if there is changes in the independent variable that leads to corresponding changes in the outcome variable (dependent Variable)
- complete control over the environment in the lab
- Easier to eliminate confounds
- Can measure things that are invisible, using advanced technology or questionnaires
- Eliminate natural confounds that occur in the field.
- Physiological assessments of things like stress and attitudes
- Functional MRI imaging allows us to see brain activity
- Implicit association measures get at hidden prejudice
- Can monitor different subtle aspects of behavior.
It allows you to control , isolate, and combine variables
Tells you when and under what conditions causation occurs
Can identify Boundary Conditions
Noise creates so much variability in the dependent variable that it makes it hard to see the true effects of any independent variables.
Makes it harder to find an effect
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"