- University of Montana College of Technology
- Medical Billing And Coding Or Mbc
- Medical Billing And Coding Or Mbc Self
- Chapter 9
Last Modified: 2014-07-18
-even if not performed
Ex) admitted for obv after triple bypass and developed blood clots in the leg...
--complications as secondary Dx (blood clot)
2. pt w/resolving issue needing aftercare: dialysis, chemo, cast change. Dx/symptome code whenever current, acute Dx is being Tx or S/S being studied.
3. Circumstances/problems influence health, but not current problem (hx of cancer, hx of allergy to......)
4. Newborns, indicate birth status.
- admission carrier
- aftercare checking
- attention to contraception
- boarder (hospital) counseling
- care (of)
Unavailability of medical facilities
Dissatisfaction with History
Donor Health, Healthy
dissatisfaction with school environment
When there is some evidence to suggest existence of abnormal condition or following incident that normally results in health problem.
Ex) Head injury w/only elbow abrasion showing.--- obs of head injury would be the 1st listed V code.
--information at hand does not permit more specific code assignment. (should query Dr. for more info)
Sequence reason for visit (Dx, condition, problem)
Ex) Pt having MRI for brain tumor----code: Brain tumor.
How to code routine lab/radiology testing w/o S/S or assoc Dx
Assign code V72.5 or from subcategory V72.6.
--if done during a test that is to evaluate a S/S, assign V code for routine test, and code for the reason for the non routine test.
sequence 1st the reason for visit.
if admission for chemo, radiation, or rehab, V code for the service is listed first and diagnosis listed second
- Use codes from category V72.8 (Other specified examinations)
- Secondary code for reason for surgery or procedure
- Add code for any further findings
V codes for personal history
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"